Copyright © 2021 Your Marquee Ltd – Glebe Barn, Flaxton, York, YO60 7RT – Company No. 07137334
17th June 2013
The 2013 season has only just begun and yet again we have been asked to rescue someone that has hired a marquee from one of our ‘competitors’ that wasn’t ‘the most aesthetically pleasing’ and practical to put it nicely…. We are more than happy to help any customer no matter how they come to us, however our point is that its simply added stress and cost on the customer which all could have been avoided if they had used us in the first place. We stock only the finest quality clear span framed marquees and when you are creating a space for a wedding or a party its vital that these marquees are used. All our marquees and everything that goes with them (furniture, dance floors, heaters etc) are new in the past few years and they are the most premium items available to buy which should give you peace of mind.
We are proud of our reputation and work very hard to stock only the finest quality equipment. We have a ‘happy to help’ attitude so if you need any advice then please do contact us and we will share our experience and advice freely and with no pressure at all. Marquees are truly amazing spaces for weddings and events but they need to be ‘done properly’ – a phrase that sums up exactly how we work.
Where possible and where budget allows we always recommend a marquee feature the following:
– Raised wooden flooring with brand new carpet. This is vital to ensure that the marquee and your guests are protected and comfortable no matter what the weather. New carpeting is something we do for every single job – it gives the customer flexibility in colour scheme but also ensures the marquee looks immaculate.
– Quality furniture – cheap tables and chairs look cheap and can be unsafe. As such we stock chairs which cost twice as much as many others. The fact that we hire them out for the same price or even less than other companies surely makes us good value. A very popular offer we are currently running is Limewashed Camelot banqueting chairs for the same price as standard gilt or silver chairs
– Quality dance floor – our dance floors are top of the range and British made, as such they look fantastic.
– Linings to the roof, walls, window drapes and swags.
As a simple guide to hiring a marquee, there are a few things that we think its vital that you ask/ensure is in your quote:
– Raised wooden flooring and carpeting. Beware of quotes that say ‘Flooring’ – its dishonest of companies to call it this when actually what they mean is material matting/rugs/carpet straight onto grass but despite this they still call it flooring…
– Check that its a framed clear span marquee provided by Roder HTS – the worlds leader in marquee construction.
– Check how modern the marquee that they are providing is – we look after our equipment incredibly well and replace it every few years.
– Suss out the type of company that is providing it and the people that run it…are they genuine?…will they turn up when they say they will?….do they respond to your questions in a timely manner? do you trust them to provide a gorgeous looking marquee that works as it should?
– Testimonials – ask to see them. We can show you lots from members of the general public to corporate customers such as local councils.
– Where do they work? – we work at most of the stately homes in the local area – this is a massive compliment to our services as they have seen lots of marquees and marquee companies over the years, yet they use and recommend us.
– At least once a year we hold an open day at a wedding fair where you can see our marquees up and look around. This shows our confidence in our marquees. At the other end of the scale to this are other companies out there who don’t want you to see their marquees until its too late to do anything about it – a scary thought.
Please have a look through the gallery section on our website to see our stunning marquees. If we can be of further assistance then please do get in touch.
We hope the above guide has helped and look forward to hearing from you.
The Your Marquee team